- About each Candidate (as defined under GeniusMesh’s Terms of Service), Employer (as defined under GeniusMesh’s Terms of Service), Academic Institutions (as defined under GeniusMesh’s Terms of Service), user or visitor (collectively “you” or “your”); and/or
- You provide to GeniusMesh when (i) accessing GeniusMesh’s mobile application (“Mobile App”) and website located at https://www.geniusmesh.com/ or www.geniuspath.ai (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Websites”), and/or (ii) using the Services (as defined under Section 2 of GeniusMesh’s Terms of Service) on the Platform (as defined under Section 2.1 of GeniusMesh’s Terms of Service) via the Websites and/or Mobile App.
Personal Information that is Collected
GeniusMesh collects the following information from you:
- (i) personal information that could identify you, which includes your name, surname, email address, gender, location, professional background, salary requirements, professional picture and/or LinkedIn profile when you register a User Account (as defined under Section 3 of GeniusMesh’s Terms of Service) on GeniusMesh Websites and/or Mobile App;
- (ii) contact information which includes data such as billing address, email address, telephone numbers and any other data you have provided to us in order for us to be able to provide you with the Services on the Platform (via the Websites and/or Mobile App);
- (iii) transaction data which includes details about payments or communications to and from you; and
- (iv) technical data which includes your Internet protocol address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access the Websites,
(collectively “Personal Information”).
In the context of the law and this notice, the term “process” and “processing” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on data.
Use of your Personal Information
In general, the Personal Information you provide to GeniusMesh is used to help us communicate with you. For example, GeniusMesh uses your Personal Information to (i) make contact with you in response to questions you may ask GeniusMesh, (ii) solicit feedback from you, (iii) provide technical support, and (iv) inform you about promotional and marketing offers.
GeniusMesh may share Personal Information with third parties if GeniusMesh has a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the Personal Information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable legal process or enforceable governmental request; to enforce GeniusMesh’s Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations; address fraud, security or technical concerns; or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of GeniusMesh’s users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Wherever possible, GeniusMesh aims to obtain your explicit consent to process your Personal Information. We may continue to process your Personal Information on this basis until you withdraw your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you do so, please note that you may not be able to (i) use the Websites and Mobile App, and (ii) make use of the Services further
Automatic Collection of Information
When you visit the Websites and/or Mobile App, GeniusMesh’s servers automatically record information about your computer hardware and software. This information is collected automatically and is used only to identify potential cases of abuse, resolve technical issues, optimizing the performance of the Websites and/or Mobile App for a better user experience, and establish statistical information regarding your use of the Websites, Mobile App and the Services. This statistical information is not otherwise aggregated in such a way that would identify any particular user of the system.
How Personal Information is Secured
GeniusMesh implements security measures that include encryption, firewalls, password management and secure socket layer technology, which are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access and potential security breaches.
Payment information is securely stored by Stripe and cannot be accessed by GeniusMesh.
However, you acknowledge that no data transmission over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed. Therefore, while GeniusMesh strives to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that (i) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (ii) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and another registered user on the Platform (via the Websites and/or Mobile App, and/or the Services) cannot be guaranteed; and (iii) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third-party, despite GeniusMesh’s best efforts.
Storing Personal Information
Subscription Plan (as defined under Section 4 of GeniusMesh’s Terms of Service) information and payment information is stored and secured respectively, on www.stripe.com. All Personal Information is stored on a dedicated server; and all other data pertaining to the Services is processed and stored securely on Amazon Web Services.
Your Rights regarding the General Data Protection Regulation
For the purposes of complying with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), GeniusMesh is considered as the data controller in relation to your Personal Information. We have listed below, the principal rights you have under the GDPR:
- (i) the right to access - you can ask for copies of your Personal Information;
- (ii) the right to rectification - you can ask us to rectify inaccurate Personal Information and to complete incomplete Personal Information;
- (iii) the right to erasure - you can ask us to erase your Personal Information from our systems;
- (iv) the right to restrict processing - you can ask use to restrict the processing of your Personal Information;
- (v) the right to object to processing - you can object to the processing of your Personal Information;
- (vi) the right to data portability - you can ask us to transfer your Personal Information to another organization or to you;
- (vii) the right to complain to a supervisory authority - you can complain about our processing of your Personal Information to the applicable authorities; and
- (viii) the right to withdraw consent – you can request that we withdraw your consent to store and process your Personal Information except to the extent that the basis of our processing your Personal Information is required by law.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your Personal Information by written notice to GeniusMesh, using the contact details set out below. Should you have any cause for complaint about our use of your Personal Information, please contact GeniusMesh using the details provided below and we will endeavor to solve the problem for you.
Your Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act
To the extent that the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) is applicable to either GeniusMesh or you: both parties agree to comply with all of its obligations under the CCPA; and in relation to any communication of ‘personal information’ as defined by the CCPA, the parties agree that no monetary or other valuable consideration is being provided for such personal information and therefore neither party is ‘selling’ (as defined by the CCPA) personal information to the other party.
The principal rights you have under the CCPA include but are not limited to:
- (i) the right to know the Personal Information we collect form you; (ii) the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information;
- (iii) the right not to be discriminated against for having exercised your rights under the CCPA; (iv) the right to opt out from the collection/sale of your Personal Information; and (v) the right to access your Personal Information.
Both parties agree to notify the other immediately if it receives any complaint, notice, or communication that directly or indirectly relates to either party’s compliance with the CCPA. Specifically, GeniusMesh shall notify you within ten (10) working days if we receive a verifiable consumer request under the CCPA.
Your Rights under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
It is GeniusMesh’s policy to respond to any infringement notices and to take the appropriate actions as provided under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). Should you believe that material available on the Websites or Mobile App infringes on your copyright(s) or that of a third party, please notify GeniusMesh by submitting a written notice to email@example.com and include the following information:
- (i) your full name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address;
- (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that is claimed to be infringed;
- (iii) a description of where the allegedly infringing material is located on the Websites or Mobile App;
- (iv) a statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the alleged infringing use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- (v) a signed (either physical or electronic) statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Upon receipt of such notice, GeniusMesh shall investigate and/or remove the infringing material. You will be held liable for damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees, should you materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Websites or Mobile App infringes on your or a third party’s copyright.
Analytical Data from Third Parties
GeniusMesh may collect or receive information that third party service providers may provide about you when using the Websites, Mobile App and/or the Services. Or GeniusMesh may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information GeniusMesh collects through your use of the Services. The following information is collected and/or obtained from third parties:
- (i) Google Analytics: We use this analytical tool to help GeniusMesh analyze (i) how users use the Websites, Mobile App and/or the Services by noting when you use the Websites, Mobile App and the Services, and (ii) usage data and performance data. The information collected will be disclosed to or collected directly by the applicable analytical tool GeniusMesh is using. Such information is collected as a means to provide, improve, and develop the Websites, Mobile App and the Services so as to create a safer and trusted environment when you use the Websites, Mobile App and the Services.
- (ii) Amazon Web Services: We use this service as a means of hosting GeniusMesh’s Websites and/or Mobile App. Amazon Web Services may collect all information you provide us with, and all information we automatically collect as a means of facilitating the functions of the Websites and/or Mobile App.
- (iii) Stripe: We use this tool as a payment gateway provider. Stripes may collect information you provide to us as a means of processing payments you make on the Websites and/or Mobile App for the Services.
Cookies are defined as small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow data gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved. Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely. Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
Retention Period for Personal Information
You can stop all collection of Personal Information by GeniusMesh by not accessing the Websites, Mobile App and the Services, or by requesting to opt-out via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy while using the Websites, Mobile App and the Services, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com, and GeniusMesh will use its best endeavors to resolve your concerns.